Sunday 9 December 2012

No bake,no gelatin, no effort strawberry cheesecake



One of my neighbours, is a very nice sporty gentleman in his sixties who long ago, agreed to be a guinea pig for all the experiments that took place in my kitchen. The only condition was that everything that went his way had to be egg less. I have faithfully complied and he has been a very appreciative and supportive audience of most of my culinary adventures.

Two days back, he dropped by for dinner. I took it as an opportunity to make something I have never tried my hands at and make use of the luscious strawberries I had picked up a day earlier from the grocer. I must admit that this experiment tasted yum but did not go the conventional route of a strawberry cheesecake. The cream tasted heavy for a light dessert and people had to dig real deep to spoon out the biscuit base, because of my not so perfect layering. I definitely intend it to have a go on this again next week with some improvisations. For now, sharing the recipe for two reasons-it was not a failure and it tasted fab with very little effort.

Ingredients-

For the base
Strawberry flavoured biscuits-20
Butter melted- 4 tsp

For the cream
Paneer-1 cup
Cream or malai-1/2 cup
Very thick curd-1/2 cup
Sugar powdered-6 tsp
Strawberry essence- 1 tsp
 Strawberries-3

Garnish-strawberry slices

Instead of making this dessert in a dish, I chose to do individual shot glasses.
Do not open the biscuit pack and crush the biscuits to powder by rolling the  rolling pin with pressure.Empty the  biscuit powder in a bowl and mix with melted butter.
Spoon out this mix into shot glasses and press to even out the base.
Put the glasses in the fridge for half an hour to set.


Crumble the paneer. Put paneer,curd,cream, sugar, essence and  strawberries in the mixer and run it for a few seconds till all becomes a uniform mixture. Do not run the mixer for long otherwise the cream will split and release whey. I had pink food colour so I added few drops to this mix. It is totally optional.

Take out the shot glasses with the set bases. Pour the cream mix over the  biscuit bases and garnish with strawberry slices. Keep this in the fridge for four to six hours before serving to set. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment