Sunday 14 October 2012

Tea time coffee muffins




  The weather continues to be unpredictable.After a warm sultry night ,woke up to a lovely drizzle. As I opened my bedroom window ,the cool, wet grass scent laden breeze hit me. I gulped in the delicious air ,filled my nostrils with fragrance of wet autumn leaves and feasted my eyes on the freshly bathed trees and grass... Gosh!I can spend my entire life staring this and never get tired .
The weather continued to be like this the entire day.An overcast sky,a cool breeze with intermittent showers..The popular poem about having no time to stand and stare has never really been for me. I  spent most of my day in the balcony,staring the bathing birds,chirping with delight,the remaining raindrops on the leaves, the whole world looking neat and clean without a speck of dirt... This deep reverie of nature 's beauty sent my spirits soaring and I got in the mood to celebrate.
There is no pleasure like sipping on  a steaming cup of filter coffee and biting into coffee flavoured muffins with sweet chewy pieces of figs melting in the mouth...Along with the music of pitter patter of the raindrops outside...its a treat for the soul!

Coffee muffins

Ingredients

Flour- 1 1/4 cup
Sugar-3/4 cup
Oil- 3 tsp
Milk- 3/4 cup
Baking Powder- 2 tsp
Salt-1 pinch
Egg-1
Strong coffee granules- 2 heaped spoons
Figs chopped-1/4 cup
Optionally- any chopped nuts


Preheat the oven at 180 centigrade.
Heat the milk,dissolve the coffee granules and cool for five minutes.
Whisk the egg, oil and sugar together till creamy.
Add the coffee milk, mix.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt together.














Mix lightly and add in the chopped figs or nuts.
Pour the batter in the greased muffin moulds and bake at 180 centigrade for twenty minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment