Wednesday 26 September 2012

No fuss cocconut cookies

With my gestational diabetes scare gone with a negative test result,I decided to treat myself today with something special and sweet:).The nightmares of insulin shots had been haunting me for days and I am so glad that its over.I still have to be careful with my carb and sugar intake but what the heck..I am in a mood to celebrate today.I had been yearning for something coconut and sweet..so coconut cookies it is!

I have never been fond of egg and my pregnancy has raised the degree of detesting to plain abhorrence.The egg smell just freaks me out nowadays so it is an eggless recipe for sure.
Here we go..
Ingredients-

 Coconut grated-1 cup
All purpose flour-200 gm
Sugar-125gm
Butter-100gm
Baking powder-1tsp
Milk-2tsp
Optional-vanilla essence OR green cardmom powder(elaichi)-1tsp
              Handful of raisins for topping

Soften the butter in microwave for 20 seconds and whisk in the sugar.
If you are using very big sugar granules,it will make sense to powder the sugar before using it.
If using vanilla essence or cardmom powder,add it now.
Sieve in the flour and baking powder together and mix.
Add in the coconut powder and knead the dough.
Use milk if the mixture is too dry to handle.
Make small balls,top it with a raisin and flatten it .
Place it on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 180 centigrade.

These cookies will expand on baking so make sure there is ample space between the cookies when placing.The cookies are done if the bottom edge appears brown.Cool them for 15 minutes after baking for the trapped heat to cook the tops and make it crunchy.

This yields roughly 36-40 mid sized cookies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment